I am a 48 year old woman. Six weeks ago I developed irritation around the anus and between the buttocks after use of a hair remover in the area.
For 10 days or so it was just mild itching and burning so I ignored it with some cream hoping it would go .
It got worse and and I even had burning at the anus opening while passing stools. There was also burning at the vaginal opening and downwards ( nothing upwards or inside both vagina and anus) SO I went to my GP and she gave me one tablet for yeast infection as the area looked red and inflamed. She also did a pap smear and culture which came back negative for both yeast and bacterial infection. So she told me to just avoid caffine, alcohol sugar etc and see if it went away with OTC anti itch creams.
A homeopath gave me Nit acid and Sulphur, both seemed to bring the anal irritation down but not vaginal. Then the homeo gave me Pulsatilla that seemed to get the vaginal irritation down.
But it BOTH came back again in afew days. It seemed to get worse just before my period, so he gave Calc Carb and causticum for three days. I had my period last week
Again the anal irritation seems a bit better but vaginally I have irritation and burning and soreness just outside the vaginal opening. It seems milder when I get up and worse as the day goes.
I am wondering what this is and if anyone could give me any insights. Is it any infection not visible in swab cultures? Is it just bad chaffing?
My homoepath is away for two weeks so am at a loss for what to do.
I am really anxious as it is not getting cured.
worried2011 on 2014-03-31
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ANSWERING QUESTIONS:
Homeopathy works only if you give truthful answers, no matter how awkward or intimate. If you dont want to do that, its better you stop here and dont proceed.
Please reply to all that is being asked and give details.
Short answers such as Yes/No/Normal are not helpful.
I want answers which explain the What, When, Where, Why, Better by & Worse by.
Example: I have a sore throat (it explains the what), since 3 days (it explains when), on the left side of my throat (explains where), due to eating sour food (explains why), the pain is better when I drink warm tea (explains Better by), the pain is worse when I swallow food (explains worse by)
Please leave the questions in place and give your answers under each of them.
I cant prescribe if these directions are not fully adhered to.
You can check out my profile by clicking my username.
1. Your age & sex
2. Describe your appearance i.e. weight, height, body type (thin, medium, chubby, fat etc)
Body type (Very thin, Thin, Medium, Chubby, Fat, Obese)
Any significant feature (e.g. sunken cheeks, stooped shoulders, thin chest etc.)
3. Your profession
4. Describe your personality in at least 20 words (e.g. stubborn, lazy, suicidal, dont want to work, always in a hurry etc.)
5. If money was not an issue and you had a month of vacation, what would you do
6. How is your relationship with your parents, spouse, siblings, children etc.
7. If not ok, whats wrong and how is it affecting you
8. Do you smoke/drink/drugs, if yes, details of why & since when
9. What is your main health problem & its symptoms
10. When did this main problem begin
11. What is the cause of this problem in your view
12. What non-medicinal actions make the main problem better (e.g. massage, warmth, cold, lying down, sitting etc.)
13. What makes it worse (e.g. massage, warmth, cold, lying down, sitting etc.)
14. How do you feel mentally & emotionally during this problem (e.g. weepy, irritable, restless, sad, hopeless, fear of death etc.)
15. What other health problems do you have
16. List down all health problems and when did they start (approximate month & year)
17. What non-medicinal actions make these other health problems better (explain each problem)
18. What makes these other health problems worse (explain each problem)
19. What animals or insects are you afraid of
20. What situations are you afraid of (e.g. heights, closed spaces, ocean, darkness etc)
21. What occupies your mind mostly
22. How do you respond to consolation & sympathy
23. Do you want to stay alone or with people
24. How is your sleep, if not good, why
25. Do you have any recurring dreams
26. Is your complaint affected by weather, if so, which weather affect & how
27. Do you normally feel hot or cold
28. What foods you crave & love (not what you eat due to health or other reasons, rather what you love)
29. Is there any food that you hate and cant tolerate
30. What taste you crave & love (e.g. sweet, salty, sour, bitter)
31. Is there any taste which you hate and cant tolerate
32. Do you like warm or cold food
33. Do you want to eat indigestible foods (chalk, lead pencil, mud .)
34. How is your thirst (less, moderate, excessive)
35. Do you have excessively dry lips or mouth or both
36. Do you have any coating on tongue first thing in the morning, if yes, details
Is coating thick
Color of coating
Where exactly (back, middle, sides etc)
37. Any taste in your mouth first thing in the morning (e.g. bitter, sour)
38. How is your skin (dry, oily, rough, acne, pustules, boils, psoriasis etc), send me a picture of the skin problem
39. Please email me a close up picture of your hand nails (without nail polish or any treatment done). Click my username for my email address.
40. Details about your sweat, answer all these points: where mostly, how much, smell, does it stain, if yes what color
41. Any problems with eyes/vision, if yes, since when
42. Any problems with ears, nose, throat (e.g. nose always blocked, runny, discharge color)
43. How is your stool, answer all these points: how often, consistency, any blood, any particular smell etc.
44. How is your urine, answer all these points: color, smell, any blood etc.
45. How is your sex desire (e.g. no desire, low, moderate, high, very high)
46. Are you satisfied with your sex life, if no, why not
47. Do you masturbate, if yes, how frequently
48. Are you satisfied after that or want more
49. Males genitals (any problems with erection, any pain, any itching etc.)
50. Females menses details (reply to all these points)
Regularity (early, late, irregular, duration of cycle)
Flow (low, moderate, high)
Clots (none, some, a lot, huge clots, bright color, dark color)
Any discharge (color, consistency, smell)
51. What illnesses are running in your family
52. Are you taking any medicines (allopathic, homeopathic, supplements, acupuncture etc.)
53. Have you had any surgeries or implants, if yes, give details
54. Have you had any long term treatment (physical or psychological), if yes, give details (what, when, where, why, the list of medicines used)
55. What homeopathic remedies have you taken in the past (potency, dosage, approx. time frame)
fitness 7 years ago
worried2011 7 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.