BoooBooo : Benefits Of Homeopathic For TinnitusHomeopathy seems to be a rather involved topic to most people. As such, all the different aspects of this have to be properly understood, before one actually chooses it. The basic axiom of the homeopathy system, viz. 'Like Cures Like' is also open to different interpretations. Most people would wonder if that means a disease can in fact be treated by the factors that had caused it to occur in the first place. The question is rather confusing, and most experts would say that its answer can be both yes and no, at the same time!
The affirmative component of the answer to the question is rooted in the fact that, oral introduction of certain substances that do bring about certain diseases, are recommended to patients in homeopathy. Administered in this fashion, these disease-causing factors help the patients get rid of the ailment, and make him/her resistant to it. On the other hand, the negative portion of the response comes from those quarters who keep in mind that, it is the dosage that is most crucial in homeopathy. Unlike other common fields, in the world of homeopathy, as the medications are made more diluted, the benefits go up. There is, in fact, no reason to feel that your homeopathic doctor is making a mistake if (s)he says that, a certain medication, when diluted 1000 times, is an all-powerful substance!
The fact that dilution raises the potency of homeopathic medicines might seem a little far-fetched. Nevertheless, the validity of this can be borne out by the following examples:
1) Diarrhea is a common result if they consume heavy doses of sodium sulfate; the homeopathically approved dosage of sodium sulfate can however, solve these cases,
2) A second homeopathic medicine, Ipeca, can cause people to retch really heavily, if they take in concentrated doses. When adequately diluted though, the same Ipeca is widely used as the solution for all problems of vomiting and nausea, and
3) Concentrated doses of Graphites can result in patients losing their powers to hear properly. Again, when the same preparation is used in a considerably diluted dosage, it can help people who suffer from deafness and/or tinnitus problems.
Is Homeopathic For Tinnitus An Advisable Mode Of Treatment?
We would next be dealing with the homeopathic medications that are actually used to treat tinnitus. Patients need to provide exhaustive details regarding their personal habits and the problems they face, fully, and at length. This can in fact, seem rather tiresome for some. A homeopathic doctor prescribes medicinal drugs on the basis of the information received. When the affected person visits a homeopath that can treat tinnitus, a number of questions can be put forth to the former. These questions generally include:
- Whether or not the patients prefer to have sweets (and other dietary habits),
- Whether the affected individual feels easy within his/her room, or if outside locations seem to be more comfortable to him/her,
- The time of the day when the patients feel the most energetic,
- The reaction of the patients to the idea of a vacation, perhaps to a hilly resort or a sea beach,
- Whether there are problems in sleeping? If not, whether (s)he sleeps most deeply during the earlier or the latter parts of most nights,
- Whether dreams come often to the patients, and
- If the dreams are rather frightening or are pleasurable in nature.
The above question might not seem exactly pertinent to tinnitus. However, patients the fact is, the responses to these queries help homeopaths a great deal in suggesting treatments.
Let us look at some of the popularly used medications that are used by homeopathic doctors to deal with the tinnitus problems. However, not all patients can be treated with these homeopathic formulations. The tinnitus fighting homeopathic medicines commonly used are:
1. Carbo vegetabilis (or, in short, Carbo veg) : If tinnitus patients also complain of vertigo and feelings of nausea, this is often suggested by homeopaths. The affected person generally has a cold, clammy feeling, and yet tends to long for some fresh air,
2. Calcarea Carbonica (or, in short, Calcarea carb) : If individuals have difficulty in listening, and seem to hear pulsing or cracking noises, this formulation is the one recommended,
3. Cinchona officinalis (or, in short, China): Certain people affected by tinnitus become too sensitive too external sounds. They also tend to sweat excessively and get tired quickly. This medication is meant for them,
4. Chinium sulphuricum : If a patient has a previous history vertigo, and is also hearing roaring, ringing or buzzing noises, homeopaths generally suggest this,
5. Cimicifuga : Some patients, apart from the usual effects of tinnitus, are also troubled by back pains and this drug is suggested for tackling them. The medicine is also deemed ideal for the female tinnitus patients who have problems in their menstruation periods, or have headaches,
6. Coffea cruda : If the tinnitus patients complain that they have a vibrating feel which seems to come from the back of their head, and also have a nervous disposition, this medicine is generally recommended,
7. Kali carbonicum (or, in short, Kali carb) : Vertigo problems (especially as they turn), in conjunction with the roaring, cracking or ringing sounds can be treated by this formulation,
8. Lycopodium: Those affected by tinnitus can also hear humming sounds, at low volumes, in both the ears. The ears seem to produce a sort of reverberating sound, and also might give off a bad-smelling discharge. This medicine is meant to solve these problems, and
9. Natrum salicycum: If patients develop tinnitus due to Meniere’s disease, or from an overdose of Aspirin or similar other medicines, this is known to provide satisfactory results. Mainly, it is used to treat those who have both their ears affected, and hear low, humming tones.
While it is a fact that homeopathic treatment methods do yield certain benefits to tinnitus affected patients, these effects are, in general, purely temporary. The holistic techniques are, in fact, the best way in which the problematic tinnitus disease can be treated and completely cure. Under this treatment regime, the body of the affected person is handled in such a way that, all the underlying causal factors of the disease can be completely eradicated from the system. The causes that bring about tinnitus can be multiple, and each of them has to be properly detected, and medications prescribed accordingly. Naturally, these approaches towards medication works much better than the methods that do not find out the reasons of the disease, and only serve to suppress the symptoms of the problem.
booobooo on 2009-08-23
I am sorry....homoeopathy only brings temporary benefits to patients? Or are you saying treating the tinitius without treating the whole person only brings temporary relief? (which I would agree with)
Treating the whole case, I have permanently cured cases of Tinnitus with homoeopathy
♥ brisbanehomoeopath 8 years agoIt All Depends On Case To Case. I Have Known Cases Which Got Cured Completely Bu Yes...We Have To Also Accept That All Do Not Find Same Relief...
booobooo 8 years agoUnless there is some incurable tissue change responsible, all cases of Tinnitus can be cured with homoeopathy. The right medicine, prescribed according our principles, will cure. Finding the right remedy usually means finding the right practitioner - that is actually the real challenge for the patient. I have never seen an uncured case of tinnitus in my clinic.
♥ brisbanehomoeopath 8 years agoI Agree With You Till A Very Large Extent. Doctor's Expertise Is Vital But Still There Are Number Of Cases Which Do Not Get Completely Cured.
booobooo 8 years ago
Unless there is incurable physical pathology, they remain uncured because of either the practitioner's lack of skill or the patient's lack of commitment. Homoeopathy is not at fault, but the people involved in it.
There are cases of all kinds of conditions, that do not get completely cured, no matter what therapy is used. Sometimes it is the fault of the therapy (Orthodox medicine) and sometimes it is the fault of the people using the therapy (Homoeopathy).
♥ brisbanehomoeopath 8 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.