Acute Hair LossI am 41 year old female and have been suffering from telegen effluvium from 2014. Despite taking allopathic treatment for two years there has been no improvement. In fact hair loss has aggravated even more.
Hair loss started in 2014 following two subsequent miscarriages within the same year. Ever since my hair fall has never stopped. I have lost almost 80% of my hair though there are no bald patches on my scalp.
Have had blood tests done every six months. Tests have shown Hb levels, Vit D and Vit B12 on the lower side.
Hb is 11.9, Total Vit D is 23.5 and B12 is 297. Despite taking iron and vIt D supplements, there has been no improvement in hair fall. In fact hair is falling at even faster rate.
I use paraben free baby shampoo for washing my hair. I do not use oil as oiling worsens the hair fall.
I lose almost 50 strands everyday and around 100-150 strands after washing. The amount of hair fall exacerbates from June till December where average hair fall daily is 100 strands and 300 strands after washing.
I eat healthy food : Includes salads, fruits, lentils , nuts and dates on daily basis. Apart from that oats, eggs, kidney beans, chickpeas etc too.
I exercise five days a week for 20-30 minutes. Form last six months i have been drinking beetroot and gooseberry juice after exercising but to no avail.
I have been in despair ever since and am quite depressed due to my hair. Please help.
SS76 on 2018-02-04
day 1 to day 3
Natrum Mur 200 twice a day.
day 4 to day 15
Acid Phos 30 in evening.
One dose means 2 pills or drops.
♥ kadwa 4 months agoDr kadwa can u pls help me
pls see my case
mAn85 4 months agoThank you so much doctor.
Will keep you posted with the results after 15 days of medication.
SS76 4 months agoDr. Kadwa
I have completed the 15 day course as prescribed by you.
Though there are no significant changes in hairfall pattern.
Please suggest the next course of action.
SS76 3 months ago
Dear Dr. Kadwa,
I have a few queries on the current condition of my hair:
1. My hair and scalp are dry as I do not use oil. Applying oil causes more shedding of hair. Is there anything else I can apply on the scalp to moisturize it?
2. Are there any topical solutions available in homeopathy that I can use to arrest hair fall and stimulate hair growth?
3. I got my blood tests done last week and protein, iron, total iron binding capacity and Vit B12 are all in the mid point values of required range. There is no deficiency except in VitD which is 28.5 (min requirement is 30). Can only VitD deficiency cause such extreme hair fall?
4. My total cholesterol is 226 which is above the required value of 200. Though i was prescribed a tablet for cholesterol but I read that cholesterol medication can increase hair fall. Can I instead take garlic along with water in the morning? Considering that raw onion and garlic are not supposed to be consumed while taking homeopathic medicines. I do eat healthy, no fried food, use canola oil for cooking, and exercise too.
5. Can stress alone be the reason for hair fall? Iam extremely sensitive person and have the habit of feeling stressed every time. Last three years were quite stressful as I was pursuing PhD which I recently finished. But now again I have started feeling sad and depressed as Iam currently without a job. I was working till 2015 and left a highly paying job, shifting to a new place because of my husband and have been currently searching for a job. Are there some medications to elevate the mood? I also joined a dance class for that matter but I have been feeling unhappy again.
Please help doctor.
SS76 3 months agoPlease take aurum mur 30 in evening for 15 days and report back,
You may take garlic for cholesterol. It won't have any adverse impact on homeopathic treatment.
♥ kadwa 3 months agoThank you doctor Kadwa. Is the dosage same as for previous medication - 2 drops?
And it has to be taken in addition to acid phos 30?
SS76 3 months ago
Yes, dose is 2 drops. Please stop Acid Phos.
♥ kadwa 3 months agoDear Dr. Kadwa,
I have completed the course of aurum mur as prescribed by you. I have noticed the following
1. Hair fall has reduced by around 10%. Daily hair fall is around 20-30 strands but on the day of head bath, i lose around 70-80 strands.
2. Very peculiar effect that I have noticed is that the palms of my hands have become extremely hard.
3. Burning sensation in the stomach occasionally.
Please suggest follow up medication.
SS76 2 months agoPlease take Lycopodium 30 twice a day for 3 days and see how that affects over 15 days.
One dose means 2 pills or drops.
♥ kadwa 2 months ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.