Homeopathy and Health Forum
Chronic Fatigue SyndromeHi, I thought I would present my case on here as it always good to put heads together.
I have had CFS for nearly 8 years and it affects me greatly. My energy is very low and as a result I require the use of a wheelchair to go out and about as I don't have the strength to walk any substantial distance.
The illness was triggered after an acute gastric upset (diarrhoea only) and shortly after this I started to experience the crippling symptoms of CFS. My mian symptoms are:
* heavy limbs (have to drag myself around a lot of the time)
* muscle activity inc. twitching (can happen anywhere at anytime)
* photophobia (daylight and artificial light can trigger increased muscle activity/twitched if prolonged to it for long enough)
* loose, watery stools when symptoms are particularly bad
* poor concentration
I appreciate other information is needed but this is the basics. I have recently started seeing a homeopath.. after the first appointment I was given Merc. v.(i think). It was Mercury anyway.
I have my next appointment next week but it would be fascinating to learn the opinions of others on here :)
argylejim on 2013-06-12
This thread continues beneath the following ad.
CAN you fill out the questionnaire?
Furthermore, James, if you are seeing a homeopath, would you still want to work with us?
[message edited by Zady101 on Wed, 12 Jun 2013 14:24:37 BST]
Zady101 on 2013-06-12
argylejim on 2013-06-12James,
no two homeopaths are going to give the exact same prescriptions.
You would think two heads are better than one, but usually
it does not work out that way. And, sometimes people think
they can combine prescriptions and do not realize that some
medicines cancel out the other medicines.
See how your homeopath works out for you. If you don't get
the results you want , you can come back here and ask
Zady to retake your case. Good Luck to you.
simone717 on 2013-06-12This thread continues beneath the following ad.Thanks for your input! Yes I'll see how I go with my homeopath and if it doesn't work out I'll come back here :-)
argylejim on 2013-06-15
Just an update on my case.. I've been seeing my Homeopath for 5 months and I am yet to see telling results.. Here are my prescriptions to date:
Merc. sol - no reaction
Bacillus no.7 (I had a reaction to this - felt quite groggy for a few weeks and then brightened with irritability. Split from my partner of a few years as deep down I was not happy anyway)
Nux Vom - no reaction
Carcinosin - no reaction
Nat. Mur. - just been prescribed this.
I think that's all I've been given so far. It probably is of no relevance without me filling in the questionnaire but if I post this on the thread then it's here.
argylejim on 2013-10-22This thread continues beneath the following ad.I finished with my homeopath a few months ago after we weren't getting anywhere. Could you please point me in the direction of the questionnaire I need to fill in?
argylejim on 2014-01-22
Please fill out the questionnaire.Copy questions from the below link and answer them here:
Zady101 on 2014-01-22Patient ID: James Sex: M Age: 28
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering?
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, which is severe. In a permanently exhausted state characterised by heavy, tired muscles which involuntarily twitch. Physically and mentally sluggish. I require a wheelchair to get around if any considerable walking is required.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
In addition to the above I get dry skin on my face, most notably either side of my nose.
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
I wonder if Iíll ever get better, considering the everyday demands on the human body and knowing my current state. I get frustrated I cannot do the fun activities that other people my age do. I try to engage in a social life and have had enjoyable times during my illness but I am forever hampered by very low energy. I would love to be able to go out and work like everybody else so this is another frustration. Since my illness began I have been merely existing on a day-to-day basis managing symptoms to the best of my ability.
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
Lacking any energy whatsoever, dizzy, daylight and noise more unbearable, desperately want to sleep, increase in depression (would rather be dead), foggy brain so difficult to think clearly
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
Began in 2005 after an acute gastric virus, although it would appear I was experiencing a mild form of exhaustion before this.
1997 Ė mother and sister in car accident. Family life stressful for 3 or 4 years at least after this
1998 Ė sister and I in a car accident
2003 Ė summer job working at an ice cream factory, washed containers and rinsed them in anti-bacterial solution. Suffered allergic reaction on underside of both hands Ė inflamed, skin peeled off etc. 6 years ago had environmental tests which indicated that I have toxins stuck to my DNA as a result of this incident.
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
Physical and mental exertion for a sustained period makes symptoms worse, as does prolonged exposure to light. Sitting with feet up in a quiet room or lying down helps but background symptoms still occur
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
Hot, dry weather
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
I am a mild-mannered, ambitious person and am well-liked by family and friends. I am thoughtful, caring and would go out of the way to please those who I care for. I tend to have a positive outlook despite my illness although this has been severely tested over the past 8 years. I dislike those who are negative, pessimistic etc as there is a much better way to live!
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
Yes light and noise, but more so light.
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc?
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
I love my family and friends. Donít have a partner.
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
I fear never having the life I truly wish for and also having a career Iím not happy with
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
I like hot, spicy foods
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body canít stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
Regular and usually normal. If I am more exhausted stools can become loose
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
I sleep well with the use of prescribed medication. I sleep in a foetal position
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
No. This is another frustration as I am not well enough to meet somebody
20. How do you think you are different from others, if at all?
Iím different as I cannot work and live the life I want to
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
Currently taking Citalopram and Trazodone on prescription. Doesnít appear to be any side effects.
Remedies prescribed by last homeopath: merc sol, bacillus no.7, nux vom, chelidonium, carcinosin, nat mur, leuticum
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
Diabetes (grandmother), Alzheimerís (grandmother)
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance
5í11Ē, medium build with short brown hair. I take pride in my appearance so like to dress smart.
argylejim on 2014-01-22James,
How can I assure you that you will be reliably well in 6 months (God willing)! Altoughh I can prescribe now, but to be extra sure, I request you to give me more details on what was happening at the time you got CFS. You say that you had mild form of exhaustion even before the gastric upset.
Please provide me with complete symptoms of
(1.1) gastric upset and what accompanied it, fever, cold, cough, anxiety, nausea, vomiting, migraine, etc, and (1.2) what treatment did you take for the same?
Equally important is what transpired just before the stomach episode because you were already on the CFS trajectory and gastric upset may have accelerated it. To be precise,
(2.1)what issues did you face/suffer from in the months preceding CFS?
(2.2) What treatments did you take for the same?
If you answer these questions well, I assure you that I will do my best to bring you back to your feet in maximum 6 months.
Zady101 on 2014-01-22Zady, thanks very much for your reply. Just to say my situation at the moment is that I'm living at home with my parents (after breaking up with my partner last year) and they are against me seeking guidance/treatment online.. but they haven't been shot down with CFS for 8 years! So I'm doing this on the quiet. My concern is how I'm going to get what you prescribe, but i'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
Answering your points:
Point 1. It was simply a gastric upset with no nausea or vomiting. It was a long time ago so the details are sketchy but I remember feeling cold and shivery for quite a while afterwards. There was a feeling of inflammation internally too Ė for a period it was excruciating to pass urine and stools, for example. Naturally I was anxious as I didnít know what the hell was going on. I didnít have any treatment at this time.
Point 2. I went to college with my friends and it was at the point where people go off to University etc. I chose a subject I thought I might enjoy and moved up to Uni, however I was really lost and only lasted 3 or 4 days there. I was suffering from bad anxiety and I just couldnít cope so came home. I then decided to start a degree from home as I didnít want to go out into the world again and basically I am in still in that position. 12 months after starting the degree from home I got the virus and then full-blown CFS. I wasnít on any treatment during this period.
Hope this information helps,
argylejim on 2014-01-22
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Page 1 2 3 4
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.