Can anyone tell me what my Constitutional Type/Remedy is?I filled out this questionaire and wanted some opinions for a remedy. Thank you
Patient ID: Romans818 Sex: Male Age: 26 Nature of work: School instructional assistant Habits: none Weight: 190
1. Describe your main suffering?
Unable to get a good night sleep for the past 3 years. I wake up frequently during the night and am unable to fall back to sleep (lack of sleep pressure, even though I am still tired). I havenít woken up to an alarm clock for 3 years because I am always up before my alarm no matter what time it is set for. Feeling unrefreshed and tired throughout the day. I think my stomach/esophagus/reflux is at the root of this problem.
Pressure/fullness in upper abdomen, below sternum, which seems to cause or at least coincide with a shortness of breath sensation. Also chronic unsatisfied thirst seems to correlate with this symptom.
Excessive intestinal gas, flatulence, and burping.
Sore, stingy throat (mainly left side). Feeling like burning fumes coming through throat upon exhalation. Tickle in throat which sometimes causes cough. My Gastroentologist did an endoscopy and found gastritis, esophagalitis, GERD and severe damage to my voice box. From the pictures it looks as if my left vocal cord is almost completely gone.
The biopsy came back that I have barrettís esophagus.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
Generally problems seem to always be on LEFT side of the body. (I think my left foot over-pronating so much might be the root of this but Iím not sure).
Unable to breath out of nose. Left nostril doesnít seem to function probably. I had nasal surgery about 10 months ago to try and improve this condition (bone spur removed, turbinates reduced) but it didnít help. My GP said I have a large nasal polyp almost blocking my entire left nostril, which my gastro doctor said could be caused by reflux. An allergist (I got tested for food allergies) said he didnít see a nasal polyp. Air doesnít seem to pass through it though it doesnít feel stuffed up or even necessarily blocked.
I used to have large tonsil crypts to which I would get tonsil stones (tonsilloths) in everyday. My left tonsil was really, really bad (huge crypts and tons of stonesóit was also ďmeltedĒ to my throat and hard to remove). I had my tonsils remove to solve this problem. Iím thinking reflux may have caused this problem in the first place.
Bowel movements are really soft, thin and loose small pieces.
I was born with extremely flat feet, my left foot is a lot worst than my right in that when I point my toes up the ligament or tendon (I think itís the plantar aponeurosis) there pops out where my arch should be. I severely pronate especially on my left side which has cause several sports related injuries. Something that could be related is I recently started going to a chiropractor (for help with acid reflux) who took x-rays which revealed that I have SCOLIOSIS (my mid back bends to my left side) and my left hip is lower by a cm. and my left leg is shorter by a cm. Vertebrae T 6 is the worst and that vertebrae lines up with the stomach.
Tonsil stones appeared a month after getting a filling refilled on Tooth # 19 (maybe just a coincidence?) I have had sensitivity issues with this tooth ever since (off and on).
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
I lean towards being a reclusive person, but because of my illnesses I have stronger feelings of reclusiveness.
Prone to worry, anxiety (Type A personality, good thinker, perfectionist). Feelings of hopelessness at times. Nothing is really helping me get better (not the medication, Chiropractor, doctors etc.). I just want to feel well again and get on with my life.
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Describe the sensation in your own words.
Pressure in upper abdomen and shortness of breath. Drinking water helps me breath while I am drinking it. Speaking is difficult due to shortness of breath. I feel like it is a depleting me of all my air just to speak a few words. Left side of throat feel raw and hurts to talk. Tired, out of it, unable to concentrate Ėall from lack of restorative sleep.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
My whole lifeóI remember having heartburn as a child, excessive thirst (as a baby I was checked for diabetes).
5 years agoótonsil stones
3 years agoómajor sleeping issues which produced extreme anxiety
2 ½ years agoófullness/pressure in abdomen, Shortness of breath with pressure in upper abdomen difficulty in having enough air to speak after eating.
1 ½ years agoómore chronic shortness of breath which alternated with a tickle in throat and cough.
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
Pressure in ab in morning about an hour after eating breakfast.
heartburn upon movement in bed at night. Waking up at late night / early morning
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same? Example- time, temperature, pressure, rubbing, washing, eating, tight clothing etc.
Improved: by eating, cool, moist, fresh air esp. in the evening improves breathing. Breathing and concentration improve in the evening.
Worst: a while after eating, moving (esp. in bed), bending, caffeine, chocolate, tomato products, fatty foods, eggs seem to repeat on me quite frequently.
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
Not that I know of. I donít know.
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
cool, overcast weather is best.
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
Tired, lazy, sometimes irritableóall from lack of sleep. Nervousness. Perfectionist type ďaĒ personality, Strong thinker, very, very analytical, which is my strongest quality, but sometimes it can be a weakness (over-thinking everything)
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
I like rain, thunder and lightning so I feel good and relaxed.
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
Yes, strong smells give me headaches. When trying to sleep I am sensitive to noise and light as well.
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
Weeping, talking to one self etc?
I donít bite my nails per se, but I will somewhat nibble my nails when I am nervous.
I think out loud sometimesó(talk to self)
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
Thankful, love my family and friends. Not married, no kids.
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
That I will not be to accomplish anything or live a normal life because of my illness has taken over my life.
My gastro doctor says if I donít get my reflux under control I will get cancer and die within 6 months after getting the cancer. And after trying all the medications my reflux is still out of control, leaving only surgery, which may not help since meds. didnít. Also I donít want to have surgery before I know exactly what is wrong and what is causing it.
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
Crave: salty snacks. Sweets
Aversion: Meals with too much salt, but maybe thatís a health conscious decision
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
Excessive. Desire large quantities of water. I always carry water with me where ever I go.
14. How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
Maybe more than normal. I like to eat constantly, always have. I am tall and thin though.
15. Is there any kind of food which your body canít stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
normal, trunk and feet sweat more.
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
Bowel movements are really soft, thin and loose small pieces
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
Not well, wake up frequently through the night. I sleep on my left side. Sometimes right side, but because of my nasal situation I usually canít breathe on my right side.
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
I am waiting for marriage.
20. Do you have any strange, peculiar or unusual symptom or feelings? How are you different from others?
Strong thinker, extremely analytical.
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
prilosec, protonix, aciphex, nexium, prevacid, pepcid. Generally not feeling well, chronic headaches. Nexium seemed to help somewhat, but seem to make throat worse.
For sleep, Iíve tried lunesta (once didnít help) ambient (twice didnít help) temazapam seems to help somewhat sometimes.
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
heart disease (both grandfathers), diabetes (grandfather and great grandmother), breast cancer (great grandmother, grandmother), fibromyalgia (mom), raynaudís (mom, I may have it my extremities are colder than hers most of the timeómost obvious is my cold hands). IBS (grandmother), Scoliosis (grandmother), flat feet (grandfather).
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance.
6í 4Ē 190 lbs. Tall and thin, broad shoulders, brown hair, eyes, Caucasian (part native American), light olive skin (white, but not fair), excessive body hair (chest and back).
24. If your menstrual cycles are not normal, please describe the irregularities, like pains, moods, flow type, clots etc.
25. What major diseases have you had in your life and when. Please write them in a chronological manner.
Scarlett fever, 7 years old. Barrettís esophagus, diagnosed 26 years old, low white blood cell count and high coagulation time when blood was checked last year at 2 different times. In September 2007 white blood cell count was normal though.
romans818 on 2008-01-31
there is a lot of info and not much to ID a remedy, but I would tentativly suggest Arsenicum Album, look this up because Hpathy relies on more personality traits than clinical assesment or names for diseases. As for the total dunce that gave you the death sentence............! Barrets is hard to remove but be optomistic.
If you choose to use liquid remedies, start with a 200c, a few drops are a dose. So take one dose in the morning and one dose at night, then wait for a reaction.
Post results or no result back here.
parachute last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.